Policies & Procedures
- Any student wishing to enrol or participate in a free trial class, must first complete an Enrolment Form - this can be done online, or hard copy forms are available at our studio.
- Enrolment is valid for one calendar year only. A new enrolment form must be completed each year.
- Where classes have reached full capacity, students will be placed on a waiting list.
- Students must always act in a polite and respectful mannor in class - bullying of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Students are to follow our uniform requirements for each class.
- Parents are to be polite and respectful to all Step in Time staff, students and fellow parents at all times.
- Parents are not permitted inside the dance studio unless invited by the teacher. This is in the best interest of our students - as they are able focus much better with just the teacher and students in the room. We do provide viewing windows where parents can see from the hallway.
- Parents should not interrupt a class to talk with the teacher, please speak to our receptionists or send us an email to arrange a time to talk if needed.
PICK-UP & DROP-OFF POLICY:
- Parents are responsible for the safe drop off and pick up of their child
- All parents must come INSIDE the building to collect their child. Should parents decide they are comfortable for their child to meet them at their cars without collecting them from inside the building - a waiver must be signed and we will not be responsible for any accident or injury that may occur outside the building.
- Students that are dropped off early to the studio prior to their dance class, will not be supervised until the start of their class time - students are welcome to wait in the student lounge, however if they misbehave parents will be notified that they are unable to drop their child early.
- An annual Registration Fee is required to be paid online via credit card, at the time of enrolment.
- Term Fees are direct debited in full, on the first day of each term.
Fortnightly, direct debit payment plans may be arranged for term fee's over $250.
Payment plans must be arranged before the first day of term to be accepted, and will be set up through our direct debit system.
- You may choose to have your fees debited from your bank account, or accepted credit card.
- The below fees will apply for each transaction:
Direct Debit from a nominated Bank Account - no charge
Credit Card or Debit Card transactions - 1.70% convenience fee is charged
- Failed payments will incur a $5.00 transaction fee.
- Failed payments will be redrawn 2 days later. If 3 failed payments occur, this may result in your dancer not being able to participate in classes, and loss of your enrolment position in classes.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations or missed classes, however make-up classes are available to be arranged within the same term.
All direct debit payments are processed through DanceStudio Pro - it is the parents responsibility to ensure credit/debit card details are up to date.
Card details can be changed by the parent at any time through your parent portal:
- Costumes are invoiced by Step in Time directly to the student/parent.
- Costume payments will be direct debited from your nominated bank account, a minimum of 2 weeks notice will be given on costume payments.
- Costumes will come fully made and ready to wear, which means no sewing for parents. Once purchased, the costume is property of the student/parent.
- Failure to pay the cosutme invoice on time may result in the student missing out on a costume and therefore not being able to participate in the concert.
- Step in Time will not be held responsible for any injuries which may occur whilst in class or on the premises, but will seek medical attention if required.
- It is the student/parents responsibility to notify us of any previous or current injuries.